Tax Assistance and Tax Forms...
AARP Tax Assistance:
We will not be offering AARP Tax Assistance this year.
The following area locations, however, are offering it:
- SPRINGFIELD – Senior Center, 139 Main Street
- Open Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Call 802-885-3933
- CHESTER – American Legion, 637 Rte. 103
- Open Mondays
- Call 802-824-3016
- ASCUTNEY - Martin Memorial Hall, 5259 US-5
- Open Tuesdays
- Call 802-885-3933 (Let the Scheduler know that you want an appointment in Ascutney).
- BELLOWS FALLS - Bellows Falls Senior Center, 18 Tuttle St.
- Open Mondays and Thursdays
- Call 802-463-3907
The Vermont Department of Taxes no longer sends Vermont tax forms or instruction to libraries.
The Springfield Town Library has the basic IRS 1040 forms and instructions. (Note: 1040A &1040EZ have been discontinued)
Other forms and instructions:
- Call: 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676)
- View and print: www.irs.gov
- Order online: www.irs.gov/uac/forms-and-publications-by-u-s-mail
- File online: www.irs.gov/filing/e-file-options
- Federal tax questions: 1-800-TAX-1040 (1-800-829-1040)
- Call 1-855-297-5600. Have your mailing address and form name ready.
- Download, complete, print: tax.vermont.gov/research-and-reports/document-library/tax-forms/individuals
- File online at myvtax.vermont.gov
- Vermont tax questions: 1-802-828-2505
- We are happy to print forms and/or instructions for you at 15¢ per page.