Request For Proposals--For Space Planning
The Springfield Town Library (STL) requests proposals from licensed architects, architectural firms or library space-planning consultants for space planning and architectural consultation services. Professional services are needed to assist STL in identifying the best course of action for redesigning the second floor of the library. Please click here for the full Request for Proposal.
Applicants must mail or deliver their written proposals to Springfield Town Library, 43 Main Street, Springfield, VT 05156 so they arrive no later than Friday, April 17, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. ET. STL will not consider applications submitted after this time or those submitted via email.
STL may request applicants with the top scores to meet with and present their proposal to senior management at the library in Springfield, VT. If so, STL will notify applicants to schedule these meetings.
- RFP Announcement - March 3, 2020
- RFP Question Submission - April 1, 2020
- Response Deadline - April 3, 2020
- Proposal Submissions - April 17, 2020 at 5 PM
- Select Presentations to STL - TBA
- Contract Signed - Estimated May 15, 2020
- Project Begins - TBA
1. Would you be able to share pictures or plans of the second floor space?
We created a video of the space for you to see. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TLroKxcxYboYsluRoJpY-6cG3dXjtrJg/view?usp=sharing
2. Has the submittal due date been changed in light of recent events?
The submittal date has not changed.
3. Does item B under Project Overview on the first page of RFP indicate the STL is requesting consultant services to masterplan the entire facility, or do the services requested involve only the 2nd floor areas described in the 3rd paragraph above.
We are only looking for the 2nd floor. Sorry for any misinformation in the RFP.
4. Also from paragraphs 3 and 4 of Project Overview: Is the intent that the 2nd floor Office and Family Room functions to be included within a reconfigured 2nd floor and balcony area? Or possibly relocated to elsewhere within the facility?
The office and family room are to remain where they are and are not included in the reconfiguration.