The Springfield Town Library establishes the following guidelines for library behavior to ensure the safety, comfort and enjoyment of all Library patrons and materials.
- Respect other people’s privacy
- Be considerate of other people using the library; no disruptive or boisterous behavior
- Check out all library materials before taking them out of the building; treat materials with care
- Do not smoke or vape at the Library. Do not bring alcohol or illegal substances into the Library
- Remember service animals only, not pets, are allowed in the Library
- Wear shoes and shirts
- Parents or legal guardians are responsible for the well-being and safety of their children
- Children aged 8 and up are allowed to use the Library alone
- Use the Library phone for emergencies or parental contact only
When individuals disobey the guidelines for behavior, library staff will request they leave the premises. The staff may involve the Springfield Police Department and issue a No Trespassing Notice of Trespass.
Adopted 5/6/1992; Rev. 10/97, 5/10, 2/13, 8/17, 6/18, 4/19